When considering car customization, before the ground effects, aerodynamic pieces, and suspension tweaks come into play, custom wheels are the most common and most visual upgrade. Realizing this, Frank Hodges and his team of entrepreneurs established Lexani Wheels in 1996, whose custom wheels and grilles quickly became sought after for vehicles of all kinds, from Honda to Lexus to Range Rover to Rolls-Royce. Quickly, however, Hodges realized the best strategy was to design a wheel and tire together, though most tires and wheels are still developed independently of each other. After initial successes designing tires to match their wheels with other tire makers, such as Nitto, a subsidiary of Toyo, Lexani took the most logical route, establishing a tire brand of their own.
In 2016, Lexani Tires was established, a subsidiary of Nexen. Using solid technology and manufacturing processes developed by Nexen, established in 1942, Lexani Tires are designed to complement the impressive range of custom Lexani Wheels.
Lexani Tires for Every Vehicle
Nine Lexani performance tires, eight Lexani passenger tires, and three Lexani off-road tires make up the Lexani premium tire lineup. Here are a few highlights.
- Lexani LX-Thirty – Ultra-high-performance tires for SUVs and crossovers, available for 18- to 32-inch wheels.
- Lexani LX-Twenty – High-performance tires for sport sedans and coupes, available for 17- to 30-inch wheels.
- Lexani LX-Seven – Ultra-high-performance tires for dynamic handling, available in limited sizes for 17- to 22-inch wheels.
- Lexani-Nine – High-performance tires with rain channels for exceptional traction and handling, wet or dry, available for 20- to 26-inch wheels.
- Lexani LX-Six II – Ultra-high-performance tires for sporty compacts and sedans, available for 20-inch wheels.
- Lexani Mud Beast MT – Ultra-aggressive off-road tire for trucks and SUVs. Mud Beast MT delivers traction in all kinds of terrain and looks the part, available for 16- to 20-inch wheels.
- Lexani Terrain Beast AT – Moderately-aggressive off-road tire with quiet highway handling for trucks and SUVs, available for 15- to 20-inch wheels.
- Lexani Slayer A/T – Aggressive off-road tire designed for trucks and SUVs, but quiet and stable on pavement, available for 17- to 20-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXM-101 – All-season tire for compact cars, designed for quiet highway use and stability and precise handling, available for 13- to 15-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXHP-102 – All-season high-performance touring tire for passenger cars, available for 16-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXTR-103 – All-season performance touring tire for long tread life and a quiet and comfortable ride, for 15- or 16-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXTR-203 – Lexani’s OE-replacement all-season tire specifically designed for reliability, high mileage, ride comfort, and quiet operation, available for 14- to 16-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXCT-104 – Designed for work trucks and delivery vans, these tires are stable and long-lasting, available for 14-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXST-105 – Developed for stability, quiet ride, and long life, this tire is perfect for trailers with 13- to 16-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXHT-106 – Highway terrain tire for light trucks and SUVs, this tire was designed for long tread life and quiet and comfortable ride, available for 15- to 18-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXUHP-107 – Ultra-high-performance tire for sports sedans, coupes, and wagons, designed to accentuate dry handling and improve wet handling, for 16- to 20-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXHT-206 – Premium all-season highway tire for luxury SUVs and light trucks, designed for stability, ride comfort, and quiet handling, available for 15- to 18-inch wheels.
- Lexani LXUHP-207 – Ultra-high-performance tire for luxury sedans, coupes, and wagons, built for precise handling and designed to improve wet traction, available for 17- to 19-inch wheels.
Given that Lexani Wheels can be customized on a per-customer basis, many car enthusiasts have gone for individualized Lexani Tire and Wheel packages. Still, that doesn’t mean you absolutely must buy Lexani Wheels to get a set of Lexani Tires for your ride. With nearly two dozen Lexani Tire models available in dozens of sizes, fitting wheels from 13 to 32 inches, there’s sure to be a Lexani Tire for your vehicle, custom or otherwise.
Images by Lexani Tire