SCORPION MTR PPT by PIRELLI TIRE: Pirelli Scorpion MTR - Used on off-road vehicles, the MTR offers great resistance to lateral impacts. Developed to be mounted on modified pick-ups and 4x4s, it boasts a very aggressive appearance in both the tread and shoulder. The tread and shoulder designs combine to ensure excellent traction on rugged roads while also providing a self-cleaning action.
Pirelli Tyre North America - Limited Passenger & Light Truck Warranty
What is Warranted and who is Eligible?
Pirelli Tyre North America (PTNA), 100 Pirelli Drive, Rome, Georgia 30162-7000, warrants to the original purchaser (owner) of any passenger car and/or light truck sold in the United States and Canada on which Pirelli Passenger Car Radial or Light Truck Radial Tires with a complete D.O.T. identification number and branded Pirelli, are provided as original equipment, or purchased in the aftermarket that the tires will be free from anomalies in workmanship and materials.
Pirelli wishes to emphasize that, because of specific regulations in various countries and possible amendments to technical and legal prescriptions, it is necessary to ensure that, before fitting the suggested tires, the selected fitting is allowed by the technical characteristics of the vehicle and by the vehicle manufacturer and that the fitting is in compliance with the applicable homologations.
Pirelli takes no position on the reliability of the wheel/tire combination as it relates to the technical specifications for the chassis and vehicle.
What Is The Adjustment Policy And For How Long?
If a Pirelli tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies during the initial warranty period, which is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or one year from the original retail purchase date of the replacement tires or the first 2/32" of original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the tire will be replaced to the owner at no charge for the tire.
If tire is presented for ride related anomalies the initial warranty period is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or one year from the original retail purchase date of the replacement tires or within the first 2/32nd of the original useable tread, whichever occurs first.
The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire in both of the aforementioned cases.
After the initial warranty period, if a Pirelli tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies, the owner must pay the cost for a new Pirelli replacement tire on a pro-rata basis. The authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire.
A tire has delivered its original usable tread and its warranty ends when at least one of the treadwear indicators becomes visible regardless of age or mileage.
Pirelli Tyre North America warrants to the original consumer purchaser only, that the tread life of Pirelli manufactured replacement street legal tires which are supplied by Pirelli Tyre North America either directly or though an authorized dealer, will last for the described vehicle odometer miles from date of original retail purchase.
This Treadwear Warranty only applies if:
You are the original purchaser and have a copy of the original invoice.
You are the owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed.
You have had the tires rotated every 3000 to 4000 miles with documentation.
All tires worn evenly across the tread, down to the treadwear indicators (2/32") at which time the tires are considered to be legally 100% worn out.
Your servicing Pirelli dealer has completed the Tire Rotation Record.
What Is Not Covered By The Warranty?
• P-Metric tires used on commercial vehicles or used in commercial applications.
• Tires transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
• Tires on any vehicle registered and normally operated outside the United States of America or Canada.
• Tires which have been recapped, or retreaded, or regrooved.
• Tires used in racing or other competitive events.
• Tires improperly repaired or with repairs not conforming to Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only.
• Tires which have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change its appearance.
• Tires injected with liquid balancer or sealant or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium.
• Tires with weather cracking which were purchased more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment (If no proof of purchase date is available, tires manufactured four or more years prior to presentation for adjustment).
• Tire unserviceability caused by tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers' specifications and recommendations.
• Ride related anomalies after the first 2/32" of treadwear.
• Tires which are mis-applied due to insufficient speed rating, or undersized, or oversized tires.
• Tires which become unserviceable because of a mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment, defective brakes, defective shock absorbers, or improper rims.
• Tires damaged by fire, chemical corrosion, vandalism, wrecks, chains, theft, run while flat, underinflated, overinflated, or abused during servicing.
• Flat Spotting caused by improper transport or storage.
• Tires which become unserviceable because of road hazard injuries (e.g., nails, glass, metal objects) or other penetrations or snags, bruises or impact damage.
• Tires damaged from improper mounting practices.
• Tire dealer/retailer services (e.g., mounting, dismounting, balancing, tire rotation, or wheel alignment).
• Mileage warranty is not applicable to tires fitted as Original Equipment.
• Tires removed in pairs or sets where no abnormality exists in multiple tires.
• Summer tires used at or below 45F (7C) ambient temperature
How To Make A Claim Under This Warranty
The owner, when making a claim under the terms of this warranty, must present the tire along with proof of purchase to any authorized Pirelli dealer. To locate an authorized Pirelli Dealer in your area, look at the Dealer Locator on the Pirelli web site at www.us.pirelli.com
This is the only express warranty given by PTNA, applicable to Pirelli original equipment passenger car radial and light truck radial tires. PTNA does not make any other express warranty or any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PTNA does not authorize any other person, including authorized Pirelli dealers or car manufacturers, or car dealers, to change this warranty or create any other obligation in connection with Pirelli tires.
PTNA will not do anything other than what is stated in this warranty if an anomaly is found to exist in a Pirelli original equipment passenger car or light truck radial tire. All other remedies are excluded, including any obligation or liability on the part of PTNA for consequential or incidental damages (such as a loss of use of car, loss of time or inconvenience) arising out of an anomaly.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Pirelli Consumer Affairs Department
If further assistance or information is needed, please contact:
Pirelli Tyre North America
Consumer Affairs Group
100 Pirelli Drive
Rome, GA 30162-7000
The tires fitted to your vehicle as original equipment were tested and approved by the vehicle manufacturer and the tire manufacturer and take into account all aspects of the vehicle's operation. Changes in the tire size, type or construction should not be made without seeking advice from the vehicle or tire manufacturer since unapproved tires on your vehicle could adversely affect steering, handling, braking and traction.
Performance Plus Tire has only recently become a direct Pirelli dealer. This allows us to offer very competitive prices and free shipping. Pirelli tire has the distinction of having the most prestigious names in the industry. When you hear the name Pirelli, it is associated with the world’s finest luxury products. After all, Pirelli Tires are original equipment on some of the world’s finest automobiles including Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin to name a few.
Pirelli Tires line of PZero Ultra High Performance Tires are offer one of the industry’s widest range of applications for street and track use. But that’s not all. The Pirelli Tire P6 Four Seasons Plus and P6 Four Season line up cover the majority of fitments for the US replacement market. The Pirelli Tire Eurori Run Flat tire line up is one of the industry’s best values. Pirelli Tire is also market in the Sport Utility and Light Truck Market. Pirelli Tire has lead the way in the development of niche tires for the custom wheel aftermarket. They were the first to market with a 30" tire. The Pirelli Scorpion STR is original equipment on Ford, Lincoln and Land Rover just to a few. Pirelli Tire has also received the distinguished Customer Satisfaction Award from J.D. Powers and Associates.
Performance Plus Wheel and Tire featuring Pirelli Tire Scorpion Mtr Ppt By Pirelli Tire - Starting from $179.00 with Free Shipping and Free Warranty from PerformancePlusTire.com. PerformancePlusTire.com is one of the leading tires sites around. Unlike other sites offering cheap tires, we offer brand name tires at discount prices. We have a retail facility in Long Beach, California and are family owned and operated for over 45 years.