EAGLE F1 GS D3 EMT by GOODYEAR TIRES: Commanding Wet Traction For Ultra High-Performance Driving. Directional OneTRED™ design with three integrated tread zones provides superior traction and handling with sleek Euro-inspired appearance. V-TRED™ Technology helps provide excellent wet traction and a smooth, quiet ride. AAtrax tread compound provides "AA" wet traction rating providing an outstanding wet and dry grip without sacrificing treadwear. Rim protector helps protect wheels against accidental curb damage. The Goodyear Tires Eagle F1 GS D3 EMT is an original equipment tire for the Mercedes CLS Series and Mercedes S Class.
GOODYEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HIGHWAY AUTO AND LIGHT TRUCK REPLACEMENT AND ADJUSTMENT POLICY
(EXCLUDES UNISTEEL® RADIAL LIGHT TRUCK)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:
• You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear highway auto or light truck tires
• Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers
• Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear’s recommendations
• Your tires were purchased on or after February 1, 2010 Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the “LT” designation in the sidewall stamping plus the 8-19.5 and 8R19.5 sizes, which do not carry the “LT” designation.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
FREE TIRE REPLACEMENT
Any new Goodyear highway radial auto or radial light truck replacement tire, except Unisteel radial light truck tires, covered by this policy, removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 2/32" of usable treadwear or 12 months from date of purchase, whichever comes first, will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tire at no charge, including mounting and balancing. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
ALL OTHER HIGHWAY AUTO OR LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
Any new Goodyear highway auto or light truck replacement tire, other than radial auto, radial light truck or Unisteel radial light truck tire, removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 1/32" of usable treadwear will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tire at no charge, including mounting and balancing.
TEMPORARY SPARE TIRES
Any Goodyear temporary spare tire removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 50% of usable treadwear will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear temporary spare tire at no charge, including mounting.
Tires not eligible for free replacement that are removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tire on a prorated basis.
HOW WILL PRORATED CHARGES BE CALCULATED?
Replacement price will be calculated by multiplying the tire’s advertised retail selling price at the time of adjustment by the percentage of usable original tread that has been worn off.
You pay for mounting and balancing, and an amount equal to the current Federal Excise Tax (F.E.T. — U.S. only) and any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges.
EXAMPLE: If your disabled tire had an original 8/32" of usable treadwear and is worn to 4/32" usable tread remaining, you have used 50% and therefore must pay 50% of the advertised price of the comparable tire. In addition, you must pay an amount equal to the full current Federal Excise Tax (U.S. only) or any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges for the comparable new replacement tire at the time of adjustment. If the price of the new comparable tire is $80, the cost to you would be $40, plus F.E.T. (U.S. only), plus any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges.
WHAT IS A COMPARABLE TIRE?
A “comparable” new Goodyear tire may be either the same line of tire or, in the event that the tire is not available, a tire of the same basic construction and quality with a different sidewall or tread configuration. If a higher-priced tire is accepted as replacement, the difference in price will be at an additional charge to you. Any replacement tire provided pursuant to this warranty will be covered by the Goodyear warranty in effect at the time of replacement.
GOODYEAR TREAD LIFE LIMITED WARRANTY
In addition to the provisions of the limited warranty for covered warranty conditions, any new Goodyear replacement tire listed below is warranted against treadwear wear-out based on the following table:
HOW WILL TREAD LIFE LIMITED WARRANTY CHARGES BE CALCULATED?
If the tread wears evenly down to the treadwear indicators (worn to 2/32") before delivering the warranted mileage, the tire will be replaced on a prorated basis, provided the original invoice is presented showing the vehicle mileage when the tires were originally installed.
EXAMPLE: If your tire had a tread life limited warranty of 40,000 miles (65,000 kilometers) and delivered 20,000 miles (32,500 kilometers) prior to wear-out (down to 2/32"), the tire will be replaced for 50% of the advertised selling price of the comparable tire at the time of adjustment. If the price of the new comparable tire is $80.00, the cost to you would be $40.00, plus any additional charges such as mounting, balancing and any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges.
The Tread Life Limited Warranty applies only if you are the original purchaser and the tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed, according to Goodyear or the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
However, the Tread Life Limited Warranty does not apply to:
• Tires used in commercial applications including, but not limited to, police, taxi service, national account, government and contract sales.
• Tires supplied as original equipment.
• Tires that are installed on any vehicle other than the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
• Tires that after leaving the producing factory have had the tread pattern altered in any manner such as, but not limited to, siping, carving, shaving or having any material applied to the tread surface.
You must retain your original tire purchase invoice (see B. under Owner’s Obligations) for tread life limited warranty consideration.
A. You must rotate your tires in accordance with the prescribed rotation patterns as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear.
B. When making a claim under the Tread Life Limited Warranty, you must present your original tire purchase invoice which shows the tire description, mileage and the date the tire(s) were installed.
C. You must present the tire to be adjusted to a Goodyear Retailer. Tires replaced as an adjustment become the property of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada, Inc.
D. You must pay any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges for any additional service you order at the time of adjustment relating to any unique applications requiring mounting, demounting or balancing.
E. When making a claim for ride disturbance, you must present your original tire purchase invoice which shows the tire description and the date the tire(s) were purchased.
F. No claim will be recognized unless submitted on a Goodyear claim form (supplied by a Goodyear Retailer) completely filled out and where you, the owner, or your authorized agent presented the tire for adjustment.
A tire has delivered its full original tread life and the coverage of this warranty ends when the treadwear indicators become visible (worn to 2/32") or six (6) years from the date of original tire manufacture or new tire purchase date (whichever comes first). (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
This limited warranty is applicable only in the United States and Canada.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
• Tires submitted for ride disturbance that are worn beyond the first 2/32" tread depth or beyond six (6) months from the date of purchase, whichever occurs first, or tires submitted for ride disturbance due to damaged wheels or any vehicle condition. Proof of purchase is required (see E. under Owner’s Obligations).
• Goodyear does not warrant or give credit in any adjustment transaction for any kind of material added to a tire (e.g., tire fillers, sealants, balancing substances) after the tire leaves a factory producing Goodyear tires, nor will it adjust any tire that has failed as a result of adding such material.
• Irregular wear or damage due to mechanical condition of the vehicle, improper inflation, overloading, high-speed spin-up, misapplication, misuse, negligence, racing, use of tire chains, improper mounting or demounting, improper repair, wreck, collision or fire.
• Road hazards (includes, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks, etc.).
• Any tire that, after leaving a factory producing Goodyear tires, has been intentionally altered to change its appearance (e.g., white inlay on a black tire or regrooved).
• Tires removed from service due to improper repairs.
• Tires with weather-cracking that were purchased more than four (4) years prior to presentation for adjustment or, if purchase date cannot be verified, manufactured more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment.
• Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, incidental or consequential damages.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
No Representative or Dealer has authority to make any representation, promise or agreement on behalf of Goodyear, except as stated herein.
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. Under no circumstances is this warranty a representation that a tire failure cannot occur.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF, AND GOODYEAR HEREBY DISCLAIMS, ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NO OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND IS MADE BY GOODYEAR OR SHALL BE IMPLIED BY LAW.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL GOODYEAR BE LIABLE TO THE BUYER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGE, COST (INCLUDING FOR REPLACEMENT TRANSPORTATION), EXPENSE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN AN ADJUSTMENT?
• You must present the tire to be adjusted to an authorized Goodyear service facility. Tires replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada, Inc.
• You must pay for taxes plus any additional service that may be unique to your application, e.g., Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment.
• You must submit your claim on a Goodyear claim form supplied by an authorized Goodyear service facility. The form must be filled out completely, where you, the owner, or your authorized agent presented the tire for adjustment.
Property damage, serious injury or death may result from:
• TIRE FAILURE DUE TO UNDERINFLATION/OVERLOADING/MISAPPLICATION. Follow the vehicle owner’s manual or tire placard in vehicle.
• TIRE FAILURE DUE TO IMPACT DAMAGE/IMPROPER MAINTENANCE. Tires should be inspected regularly by a qualified technician for signs of damage, such as punctures or impacts.
• TIRE FAILURE DUE TO IMPROPER REPAIRS. See Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) established repair procedures at www.rma.org and/or go to www.goodyear.com for information on proper repair procedures.
• EXPLOSION OF TIRE/RIM ASSEMBLY DUE TO IMPROPER MOUNTING. Only specially trained persons should mount tires. When mounting tires, use safety cage and clip-on extension air hose to inflate.
• FAILURE TO MOUNT RADIAL TIRES ON APPROVED RIMS.
• FAILURE TO DEFLATE SINGLE OR DUAL ASSEMBLIES COMPLETELY BEFORE DEMOUNTING.
• TIRE SPINNING. On slippery surfaces such as snow, mud, ice, etc., do not spin tires in excess of 35 mph (55 kph), as indicated on the speedometer.
• EXCESSIVE WHEEL SPINNING. This can also result in tire disintegration or axle failure.
TIRE CARE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
The easiest way to help ensure satisfactory mileage and performance from your Goodyear tires is to give them a simple but frequent (at least monthly) inspection for proper inflation, even treadwear and the presence of any damage.
DO MAINTAIN PROPER INFLATION PRESSURE IN YOUR TIRES
Proper inflation pressure is necessary for optimum tire performance, safety and fuel economy. To maintain proper inflation pressure, frequently (at least monthly) check tires (when they are cool) with an accurate tire pressure gauge.*
For example, it is difficult to tell just by looking at radial tires whether they are underinflated.
Furthermore, when operating a vehicle equipped with radial tires, it is difficult to notice when a tire has gone flat or nearly flat since the “feel” of the vehicle does not change significantly.
*Evidence of air loss or repeated underinflation always requires expert inspection to determine the source of leakage and tire removal to determine repairability.
To avoid injury, NEVER attempt to reinflate a tire that has been run severely underinflated.
Progressive air loss may result from punctures, cuts, curbing, impacts or partial bead unseating. Some fitment causes for air loss are (1) incomplete bead seating, (2) bead tearing caused by a machine tool due to insufficient lubrication or improper adjustment, (3) leaking valve core or rubber valve components.
These should be replaced when problems are detected and whenever tires are replaced.
Always maintain inflation pressure at the level recommended by the vehicle manufacturer as shown on the vehicle placard or in the owner’s manual:
Underinflation is the leading cause of tire failure and may result in severe cracking, component separation or “blowout.” It reduces tire load capacity, allows excessive sidewall flexing and increases rolling resistance, resulting in heat and mechanical damage. Maintaining proper inflation pressure is the single most important thing you can do to promote tire durability and maximize tread life.
Overinflation increases stiffness, which may deteriorate ride and generate unwanted vibration. Overinflation also increases the chances of impact damage.
TIRE SERVICE LIFE
Tires are designed and built to provide many thousands of miles of excellent service. For maximum benefit, tires must be maintained properly to avoid tire damage that may result in removal from service before the tread is worn down to minimum depth.
It is not practical to try to predict the service life of any specific tire in chronological time since service conditions vary widely. The serviceability of a tire over time is a function of the storage and service conditions (inflation pressure, load, speed, road hazard injury, etc.) to which a tire is subjected. Consumers should not rely solely on the appearance of the tire but should be aware of any change in dynamic performance such as increased air loss, noise or vibration, which could be a sign to remove the tire. Therefore, it is essential to have tires, including spares, inspected regularly (at least monthly) for proper inflation pressure, damage and treadwear.
FOR SERVICE ASSISTANCE OR INFORMATION, FIRST CONTACT THE NEAREST GOODYEAR RETAILER.
1) For assistance in locating the nearest Goodyear Retailer, call 1-800-GOODYEAR or look in the Yellow Pages under Tire Dealers – Retail.
2) If additional assistance is required:
In the U.S.A., call the Goodyear Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-321-2136, email email@example.com or write to:
Goodyear Customer Assistance Center
1144 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44316-0001
In Canada, call the Goodyear Customer Assistance Centre at 1-800-387-3288 or write to:
Goodyear Customer Assistance Centre
450 Kipling Avenue
Toronto, Ont. M8Z 5E1
Goodyear tires includes many well known brand terms. To help you find the Goodyear Wrangler tire you're looking for click here.
Buy 4 Goodyear Tires & Get Up To An $80 Visa Prepaid Card After Mail-In Rebate CLICK HERE. Offer valid through 3/1/2014 to 5/31/2014.
Tires For Sale
Performance Plus Wheel and Tire featuring Goodyear Tires Eagle F1 Gs D3 Emt By Goodyear Tires - Starting from $665.00 with Free Shipping, Free Warranty and Available Rebate from PerformancePlusTire.com. PerformancePlusTire.com is one of the leading tires sites around. Unlike other sites offering cheap tires, we offer brand name tires at discount prices. We have a retail facility in Long Beach, California and are family owned and operated for over 43 years.