Tires Covered by This Warranty
This limited warranty applies to FALKEN brand steel belted radial passenger car and selected light truck tires bearing the complete description and serial number as required by the DOT. This warranty applies only to tires purchased after January 1, 2008. Tires purchased before that date are subject to previous published warranties. This warranty is effective only for tires for which claims are made within five years of date of production, based on the tire DOT serial number.
What is Warranted and For How Long
1.Material and Workmanship Warranty.
Every FALKEN brand radial tire is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the original tread, to 2/32” of the remaining tread depth.
If a tire becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the first 2/32” of tread wear; it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable FALKEN tire.
Thereafter, prorated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to 2/32”. The amount of credit allowed is determined by multiplying the FALKEN dealer’s current selling price for an equivalent new FALKEN tire by the percentage remaining usable tread depth.
OUT-OF-ROUND or OUT-OF-BALANCE claims will be accepted for adjustment only during the first 1/32” of the original tread depth, and tires will be replaced free of charge with comparable FALKEN tires. A set of four (4) tires from the same vehicle will not be accepted for out-of-round or out-of-balance claims.
FALKEN brand radial tires noted below are warranted to achieve the following mileages before becoming worn out at 2/32” remaining tread depth. Prorated adjustment credit will be given based on percentage of mileage not achieved.
Passenger Car Tires: Miles / km
ZE-912 (60 / 65 Series) 65,000 / 104,650
ZE-912 (55 Series and Below) 40,000 / 64,400
ZE-512 (60 / 65 Series) 60,000 / 96,500
ZE-512 (55 Series and Below) 30,000 / 48,200
Light Truck Tires:
Radial A/P (P-metric Only) 50,000 / 80,400
Landair H/T 50,000 / 80,400
S/TZ01, S/TZ04 50,000 / 80,400
This mileage warranty is effective for normal highway use when all of the Owners Obligations are met. It does not apply to designs not listed above, nor any snow tires.
What is Not Covered (Exclusions)
1. Unserviceability due to road hazards (cuts, snags, punctures, bruises, impact breaks, etc.) improper inflation, overload, irregular wear, wheel imbalance, defective vehicle mechanical components (i.e., brakes, shocks, rims) improper suspension alignment, accident, fire, chemical damage, chain damage, racing, off-road use, runflat, improper installation, vandalism, or abuse.
2. Tires on any vehicles registered and normally used outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
3. Tires branded "NA" or having the DOT number removed.
4. Tires presented for warranty claim by other than the original purchaser. This warranty is not transferable.
5. Tires transferred to another vehicle from the one upon which they were originally installed.
6. A tire whose failure is related to any previous damages and/or repairs.
7. Any cost of tire repair or retreading is not covered by this warranty and will be solely borne by tire owner.
8. The Mileage Warranty is not applicable if tires are used in commercial service, or determined at our sole discretion, have premature or irregular wear due to abusive service or defective vehicle mechanical conditions. Abusive service includes off road use, excessive mountain road driving, racing, or passenger car tires on pick-up, recreational or utility vehicles.
1. At the time of purchase, the tire(s) must be properly installed, balanced, and air pressure set to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation. At least monthly the owner must check air pressure with a gauge and reinflate to recommended level. Every 5,000 miles tires must be rotated. Staggard fitments are not covered by our mileage warranty, and the proof of compliance must be recorded on the Warranty Card.
2. All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized FALKEN dealer.
3. You must present your Warranty Card verifying mileage, rotation, proof of date and place of purchase, to make a Mileage Warranty claim. The name of the FALKEN dealer from whom the tires were purchased must be included on the form.
4. You must pay any costs for mounting, balancing, or any other service charges, including applicable taxes.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE ABOVE PERIOD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FALKEN TIRE CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF THE TIRE OR THE VEHICLE ON WHICH IT IS USED, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO FALKEN BRAND TIRES, AND SUPERCEDES THE TERMS OF ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTY. FALKEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY.
Limited Warranty For Falken Brand Wheels
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG:
1. WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS
Every Falken wheel is warranted against defects in manufacturing materials and workmanship for one (1) year. If during that period the wheel becomes unserviceable due to a covered manufacturing defect it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Falken wheel.
Out-of-Balance or Out-of-Round claims will be accepted for warranty replacement only within the first 30 days of use, and only with no evidence of impact or other mechanism that may have damaged or distorted the wheel.
2. SURFACE FINISH
Falken wheels are warranted against deterioration of the surface finish for the following periods:
Chrome finish: three (3) years.
Painted finish: one (1) year.
If during those periods the wheel finish becomes deteriorated, discolored, pitted or blistered due to failure of the finishing process or materials, the wheel will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Falken wheel.
WHAT’S NOT COVERED – EXCLUSIONS:
1. Wheels different from original may alter vehicle handling. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that vehicle safety and performance are not adversely affected by wheel choice.
2. Unserviceability or deterioration of wheels from damage by road hazards (impacts, abrasions, runflat), improper installation or tool damage, improper lug nut torque, overload, improper wheel choice for the vehicle, accident, chain damage, racing, off-road use, vandalism, or other abuse.
3. Finish deterioration due to use of harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasives, or from surface scratches or abrasions by contact with curbs or other objects, or from exposure to roadway chemicals, or damage from tire mounting tools or machines.
4. Wheels used on any vehicles registered and normally used outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada are not warranted.
5. Wheels presented for warranty claim by other than the original purchaser. This warranty is not transferable. You must present a copy of your initial purchase invoice to make a claim.
6. Wheels transferred to another vehicle than the one upon which they were originally mounted, if that transfer results in an improper application.
OWNERS OBLIGATIONS & MAKING A CLAIM
1. At the time of purchase, wheels must be properly mounted, correct lug nuts used, lug nuts torqued to car maker’s recommendations, and air pressures set to recommended amount. At least monthly owners must check lug nut torque, and tire air pressure with a gauge and reset if required.
2. All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized Falken wheel dealer, or to Falken if purchased directly.
3. You must pay any costs for tire mounting and balancing, or other service charges and applicable taxes, for remounting the wheels if replaced under this warranty.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE ABOVE PERIOD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FALKEN SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF WHEEL OR VEHICLE ON WHICH IT IS USED, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO FALKEN BRAND WHEELS, AND SUPERCEDES THE TERMS OF ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTY. FALKEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY.
Performance Plus Tire has sold Falken Tires for over 25 years. Falken Tire evolved as a high performance brand under Ohtsu Tire and Rubber over twenty years ago. It eventually became a stand-alone brand when many of these smaller niche Japanese brands were entering the US market. Falken Tire Corporation is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries.
Falken Tire continues to lead the way with new Ultra High Performance, High Performance and Competition DOT tires. They also offer Premium Touring tires with a size range that is second to none. The Falken Tire Ziex S/T04 and Ziex S/TZ01 Sport Utility Vehicle tires have been on the leading edge with the newest offing for many years with a broad range of sizes. The Falken Tire light truck lineup is priced competitively and continues to expand its offerings.
Performance Plus Wheel and Tire featuring Falken Tire Ziex Ze-914 Eco-run Ppt By Falken Tire - Starting from $107.00 with Free Shipping and Free Warranty from PerformancePlusTire.com. PerformancePlusTire.com is one of the leading tires sites around. Unlike other sites offering cheap tires, we offer brand name tires at discount prices. We have a retail facility in Long Beach, California and are family owned and operated for over 45 years.